The procession route has been established for the Celebration of Life service for Officer Jordan Jackson, taking place Tuesday, Dec. 6. The procession will begin at approximately 11:15 a.m. and wind its way through Bellevue streets before arriving at the Meydenbauer Center for the service, which starts at 1 p.m. The public is encouraged to line the route to show support for Officer Jackson and his family.
- The route begins at 148th Avenue SE and SE 16th Street, traveling north
- Turning west on NE 8th Street
- North on 120th Avenue NE
- West on NE 12th Street
- South on 112th Avenue NE, until arriving at the Meydenbauer Center
Members of Officer Jackson’s family and Bellevue Police vehicles will arrive at the Meydenbauer Center and Bellevue City Hall to end this portion of the procession. All other vehicles in the procession will continue to the assigned parking at the South Bellevue Transit Center by the following route:
- Enter southbound I-405 at NE 8th Street
- Travel west on I-90
- North on Bellevue Way, arriving at the South Bellevue Transit Center
There will be temporary rolling closures along the procession route. It’s estimated that the closure along 148th Avenue SE could last up to 15 minutes as vehicles stage for the beginning of the procession, while the other closures will be approximately 8-10 minutes as the group moves through. There will be extended road closures adjacent to the Meydenbauer Center.
- 112th Avenue NE between NE 4th Street and NE 8th Street will be closed from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- NE 6th Street between 110th Avenue NE and 112th Avenue NE will be closed from 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- NE 6th Street between 112th Avenue NE and I-405 will be closed from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Please plan accordingly if you live or work along the procession route or near any of these temporary closures.